Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Virginia doesn't get much snow so I thought I'd have the girls make their own. Nicali, Hannah and their wonderful Aunt TeAnna happily cut snowflakes and hung them in their room. TeAnna was helping them hang the snowflakes while I was downstairs working on some of the Thanksgiving meal. Pretty soon, Nicali comes running down the stairs, "Hurry mom, you've got to come see the snow before it all melts!" Of course I didn't want the snow to melt, so I hurried after her to see the snow! Great job, girls! (Thanks TeAnna!)
They're happy to be together and excited because it's just about time to eat!

When we have guests visit our house, it's always an issue as to where they will sit at meal times. Usually I have them switch sides with each meal (one meal on the girls side, one on the boys side.) It's tough to be loved and wanted. Thanks for being willing to switch sides. For Thanksgiving, I had Phil sit with the boys and TeAnna and Tim to sit on the girls side. Thanks TeAnna, Tim and Phil for coming to join us and share your time and love with us.
. . . and our after dinner entertainment is the Terrell Trio! Hannah started blowing into one of the bottles and discovered it made sounds. Then Philip and Nicali joined in, it was quite entertaining.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband, four awesome children, my family, Philip's family and great friends. I am thankful for the health we enjoy, for the bounty of the earth and for the country we live in. I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mom (thanks Philip for providing well for our family.) I am thankful for my knowledge of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a nice thanksgiving, thats great! I added you to my list of bloggers/friends.